Welcome

This side of the web, is for my fans that can't seem to get enough of what I do. Magicians, mimes, jugglers, physical comedians, and you folks can see a little more as to what makes me tick! Or what tickles me!! It's not just Magic that I do or juggling. It's the connection that I have with the audience. So welcome and I hope to connect with you.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The IPad and being a Magician

So the Ipad from Apple has now been out for 12 days…
So today I am going to talk about the business side of Magic.
I had the chance to play around with one for a little while. What does this have to do with magic? Tons!!
1st  Off I want to make it clear, It is not a computer nor is it an Iphone. 
2nd. I'm and not the worlds most computer savvy guy… However I do know my way around a computer and I never took  a class.
Well as a performing magician and or a magician who travels a lot. This device can and will help you in many ways. I can see this device replacing my hand written note book that I keep for all my brilliant ideas thats with me at all times. When I have had to do a presentation to get hired for a job even though I've already sent them a video they still want to see me in person. When this happen theirs usually three or four people in the room.  What better way then to pull out your Ipad and have them watch a video of you performing while you get ready, or wait for someone to come into the room. I would definitely use a 45 second commercial format.  Also if your demo-ing close-up magic I would show them your stage stuff via the pad. 
There are many more things I can mention such as having MapQuest up while your driving to your next gig. But that's a given. That everything is about the presentation. If you show them that you are in the forefront of technology. They will remember you trust me, it's just good business sense. Lastly just for the sheer coolness of the device, I'd much rather be caring this device on a plane then a computer but that just me. 
To bring this full circle I want to add that when I picked up the device for the 1st time I found it very intuitive and within minutes I was sending an email to my wife.

I hope you liked this post, it is a bit of a departure from my normal Blogs. But I thought what the heck… Please feel free to add a comment or if you own the Ipad let me know what you found most useful or just tell me what you use it mostly for (in the field of Magic). Cheers Chris  

No comments: